Friday, August 22, 2008

Happenings...

I promise you I have not intentionaly been slacking on my posts. I just hate not being able to add pictures of what's going on. Nonetheless, here are the Buhler family happenings since my last post:

1. The kids went to their first concert on August 8th. We went to see Randy Travis at the Idaho Botanical Gardens. It was a hot evening, but got much cooler as the sun went down, and the concert was great. The kids and Laura and Grammie sang and danced along to the music and had a great time. Brooklyn still talks about Randy Travis to this day.

2. We went to the open house of the Twin Falls Temple. It was gorgeous, and we were glad we were able to take a little time out of our family reunion to make the detour to see it.

3. We attended a family reunion in Dietrich, Idaho. Pictures to come soon, I hope. We had great food, water fun, and it was so nice to spend time with family that we rarely get to see. We're glad to say we didn't come home with a new puppy!

4. The kids and Laura had a stacation last weekend. We went to Roaring Springs (I know, not so much of a vacation, since we go there at least once a week) during the day, and then packed up our camping stuff to go camping at Grammie & Grampie's. We had burgers on the grill, and then took a trip to watch the sunset at Tablerock. The kids loved bouncing up and down while driving on the "dirty" road. Afterwards, we went back to Grammie's and roasted marshmallows, then slept in our tents. What fun!

5. Spenser had his interview with North Ada County Fire & Rescue. It went very well, and he should know whether or not he will get the job by the beginning of September. Ugh, the waiting process! But we've had plenty to keep our minds full (see item 6).

6. Laura and the kids got in a car accident on Tuesday after playing at the park with some friends from work. The three of us are doing fine, we just miss our car. We are waiting to see if it is totaled, and if not, it will be a month before it's fixed! The driver of the other car went to the hospital after the accident, and while getting checked out, they found he had a brain tumor. We hope that you will keep him in your prayers. He's in his 40's, and I know he feels a little down on his luck, with good reason. His situation has helped us to keep things somewhat in perspective, as we are just without a vehicle for a month. Again, please keep him in your prayers.

So, that's it for now. I'll try to get my camera back so I can get pictures of the kids posted soon. Today is the last day that Roaring Springs is open during the week - a sure sign that our summer has ended and football is about to begin! I am so sad, yet so happy. We have enjoyed the summer so much, but are looking forward to Boise State Bronco Football! And then before I know it, it will be tax season again! Yay!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I think it's hilarious to hear someone else talk about Dietrich - I'm glad you had fun. I am also happy that you are all okay from the accident! Good luck being home bound!

Joel and Dacia said...

Wow, I'm glad you guys are all ok from your accident. That's sad about the other driver though. Sounds like you've been having a fun summer - what a good mom camping with your kiddos! How fun!