Monday, August 4, 2008

No Knives Until You Finish Your Dinner

Spense will either kill me for posting this, or just think I'm retarded because I think this is so funny, but what the heck. Last night at dinner, Spense and I both used knives for our roast, so Brooklyn said she wanted a knife, too. Spenser promptly told her that she could have a knife AFTER she finished her dinner. I STILL think this is funny! We both started laughing. So, to all those that think we might be bad parents, alas, we are not! We make our kids eat all their dinner before we let them play with knives.

6 comments:

Joel and Dacia said...

Ha ha! That's funny. You are only bad parents if you actually gave her the knife right? I love your blog!

Amber said...

Yep, I agree, pretty dang funny!

Nicole said...

That's good stuff and it makes me feel like a better parent! Keep up the good work!

Nicole said...

That's good stuff. You make me feel like a good parent! Keep up the good work!

Monica said...

Ok funny, I know Amber and Dacia and Joel. Random. Anyway I can really sympathize with the making kids eat all the food. I can totally see us saying that. Thanks for sharing!

Mattie Wadsworth said...

Love it! That sounds like something we'd say! Such an automatic to threaten eating dinner with any reward at this age righ?!