Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Beautiful Car

What did you just say? Oh, you don't see the pretty pictures of my beautiful car, now that she's fixed? Just look a little closer.

Actually, the car saga continues. The short version is that I don't have my car. For those of you with time to spare, here is the long version:

I wake up on Tuesday morning and go in to work. While I'm in a meeting, I miss a call, so I decide to check my messages (I know, very strange for me!). Well, turns out I had received a call from the auto body shop saying that my car was ready last Friday. They had originally (well, not originally, but the final, final, final time)told me my car would be ready on Monday, so I expected a call on Monday, but didn't receive one, so was primed and ready for a call on Tuesday. Anyhow, I go and pick up my car, and there are nice black smudges all over the seats and door handles of my car from the workers dirty hands. So I schedule to come back in on Wednesday to have it cleaned, and head to the car rental place to return the precious minivan. When I reach the rental place, the kind gentleman tells me that the responsible party's insurance company will only pay for my rental through Friday, so I owe him $100 dollars. Not gonna happen. I immediately call said insurance company and have somewhat of a heated, um, discussion with the gal that answers the phone. After quite awhile, and some great moves on my part (threatening, mind games, etc.), the insurance company agrees to pay for the rental through Tuesday. I leave, and 5 minutes away I realize I forgot my garage door opener, and have to go back to get it. You would think the story ends there, but I go out to start my car this morning, and it barely starts. I go to a work meeting, thinking maybe it was a fluke, and it barely starts again. My horn sounds like a dying animal moaning, and my steering is very, uh, un-smooth. So, I drive back to the auto body shop, where I have to wait 30 minutes for my wonderful husband to pick me up, all the while with a stinky two year old with diarrhea. So, now my car is getting looked at and I will know by tomorrow how long it will take to fix, and how much longer I'll be in a rental. Until then, I will sit at home, since Spense is working at the fire department. Ain't life grand!

P.S. I'm crabby.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

That is the saddest story ever!! It got worse since I talked to you this morning. I hope things get better for you. Oh, and what's with the diarrhea? He better not ruin our plans for tomorrow!

Amber said...

Well I would be crabby too! When some dummy hit my car and nearly totalled it a few years ago, it came out of the shop and the passenger window never rolled up or down again. They said it has nothing to do with the accident (although the accident had taken out the passenger side door-strange coincidence?) and wouldn't fix it. Nice body shops, eh? I hope it all works out for you.