Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So, you decided to come early today, huh?

Let me start out by saying that my family eats a lot of fresh fruit and veggies. Spenser takes nectarines, grapes, oranges and bananas to work for lunch. And my kids eat lots of fruit for breakfast and lunch. And they also eat a lot of yogurt and stuff that doesn't keep for very long. So yesterday when I went to the grocery store while the kids were napping (Spense had the day off), I got my fruit and other items and went to the self check-out, where I ALWAYS go. The gentleman working the counter said, "So, you decided to come early today, huh?" What?! Do I seriously come that regularly that the kid at the counter knows my schedule? I was embarassed. I think I'm going to have to change my schedule...

9/3 Update: I went to the grocery store BEFORE putting the kids down for their nap in attempt to change my routine and get away from the "regular" kid at Fred Meyer. Well, to my surprise, he was working. So I steered my kids to the back of the store to get our milk, and then checked out in a REGULAR checkstand, and scurried to the door at the opposite end of the store, forcing me to push that heavy cart all the way across the parking lot to our lovely van. What am I going to do now? I absolutely have to go to the store about every other day for milk and fruit. Besides, it's like a getaway for my kids - they love riding in and steering the cars around Fred Meyer. My routine is all screwed up. Advice???

1 comment:

Monica said...

So is the checkout kid really that creepy? Maybe he was just trying to be nice. Hey he is just a kid, what can he do? You could choose a new store to shop at or go in the evening with out your kids! Good Luck!